Thursday, July 18, 2013

Studio Visitors: Series 1

I have been hard at work at the studio but I always love being distracted by visitors. I have no problem finding time to play dress up with friends. Here are a few of my favorite shots that I took out on the terrace at my studio of some lovely and talented ladies in my SS13 collection, which is now on sale 30-50% off at the shop.

 
Jena Malone in her Scout dress and Black Arc Boots
Jena is a multi-talented muse, making magic with photography, film making, and acting. Check out her dreamy photography work here and follow her on Instagram here. Also look out for Jena in the new Hunger Games film coming soon, so exciting!

Wray and myself in our Symbology printed dresses

the lovely Wray in her Compass Print Scout Dress
@wraybird flew in one day and flew out with this Scout Dress. This creative and innovative lady is a  great designer and even created a cool new app to organize and inspire your outfits called Cloth. Check it out!

Hannah Metz and myself playing with SS13 prints 

 
Hannah and I doing a little research
Hannah is one lady with many talents, and if you have not checked out her blog Hannah and Landon you have been missing out on so much magic. Also her beautiful lingerie line and shop The Loved One is so easy to love, check it out online and in Pasadena.

 
 Amber Coffman in the Indigo Arcadian Dress and Blue Arc Boots
Amber is an impressive siren and songstress and a member of one of my favorite bands, The Dirty Projectors. Check them out when they come to your town, and follow Amber on Instagram here, I promise you will not regret it!

Emma and Emily in their Scout Dresses, Blue Arc Boots and Tan Nellie Shoes
I always have so much fun when Emily Theobald and Emma Cooper come over to try on outfits.
They are both talented girls, with truly inspiring blogs, check out Emily's here and Emma's here.

Emily sneaking out to the terrace

 
Emily getting spooky


Agnes Thor in her Myth Dress and Blue Arc Boots
Agnes is an wiz behind the lens, capturing intimate moments with an eye for all that is beautiful in the world. You can find her work in Dossier, Elle Sweden, and at her website here.

 
Jacqueline DiMilia peering over the edge in The Cartography Shirt, Expedition Shorts, and Blue Arc Boots
Jacqueline is an expert photographer who has helped me to capture my work in many lookbooks from seasons past, including Spring Summer 13. She is always involved in amazing projects and creating beautiful work, find out more about her here.

Sybil in the Fly Away Cape
@sybvicious is a muse that goes back to the early days on Samantha Pleet. She modeled in my first runway show, and recently came by to collect on trade promised many years ago.

Rachel from Jaglever in the Indigo Arcadian Dress and Blue Arc Boots
Rachel and I are kindred spirits, who share a love of wide brimmed hats. I am happy to say, she recently moved to NY, so I am able to admire her hats in person, not just on her terrific blog, Jaglever. Check it out now for lots of fashion inspiration.

Noelle Downing caught climbing through the window in her Mirage Dress
Noelle is a lovely young lady who I met while she was working at one of my favorite stores in Brooklyn, In God We Trust. Later I come to find out, she takes great photos for Jaglever, and has a blog of her own here.
Ellie Everdell in her Arcadian Dress
Ellie is a terrific singer with The Hundred in the Hands, a great band based in Brooklyn. We go way back, as I have been helping her get outfitted for tour, literally since day 1. Every time she visits, it's a pleasure, but I also keep up with her on Instagram, follow her here.

Louise and Jill hanging out on the terrace
Louise Ingalls Sturges is a Renaissance woman; painting, photographing, and inspiring those around her, while still finding time to put together a truly incredible wedding in Maine last summer, check out the feature on Martha Stewart, and follow her Instagram here.
Jill Bradshaw is one of the earliest and most devoted supporters of Samantha Pleet, featuring the line in her legendary downtown boutique I Heart, which has since closed. Jill is back on the move, she has re-located to Austin, and has a project on the horizon that will blow us all away. Follow her latest on Instagram, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment